Sarah Glover, chef and Traeger Grills ambassador.
- 1 head of cauliflower (about 1 kg)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried oregano/basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- toppings of your choice, to serve
- Preheat the Traeger grill, with the lid closed, to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper or a silicone mat.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the cauliflower and remove the leaves, then separate into florets and chop into smaller pieces. Process in a food processor in two batches, until ‘rice’ forms, then spread out on the prepared baking tray and cook in the Traeger for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl lined with a double layer of muslin and set aside for 10–15 minutes, until cool enough to handle.
- Increase the Traeger temperature to 250°C and place a pizza stone inside to preheat for 20 minutes.
- Pull the corners of the muslin together and squeeze the ball of cauliflower rice until no liquid remains.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, dried herbs, salt and pepper for 10 seconds. Add the mozzarella and cauliflower and mix very well with a spatula until combined.
- Transfer the cauliflower pizza dough to the middle of the pizza stone and very carefully flatten the dough with your hands to form a thin pizza crust. Cook for 20 minutes, then carefully flip the base with a spatula and cook for a few more minutes, until you have a golden pizza crust.
- Top the cauliflower pizza base with your favourite toppings and continue to cook until the cheese on top turns golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve.